The support engineer is responsible for support delivery, providing technical support to azure customers by resolving escalated, complex technical customer issues on the azure platform and delivering azure technical support against cpe and workflow efficiency targets; to identify required tools, cloud access, training, processes or capabilities to assess customer issues in less than 15 minutes; and to keep escalations to pg operations below 10% of the volume. the ee will need to closely collaborate with pg engineering and operations, and other cts engineers.
The support engineer is a critical role in the implementation of azure platform support capabilities which include working with the pg and azure supportability pms to implement asks; identify technology, and/or process readiness needs, and work with training pms and tech leads to ensure support team readiness; develop relationships with and engage with technology-specific depth queues for customer incident resolution when required.
Specific measurements include achieving the cpe team goals, time to resolution or escalation, enabling a response time similar to competitors; maintaining technical skills through completion of ongoing readiness and platform training; and, in general participating in the creation of future Microsoft support capabilities for the cloud
• Leadership - handle technically challenging and politically hot customer situations
• Strong communications skills – Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
• Effective, polished interaction with customer to gather information
• Demonstrable troubleshooting skills
• Cross-team collaboration
• Logical and Critical thinking
• Passion for technology and customer support
• Understanding of cloud vs. on premise computing.
Knowledge of one or two of the following domains: Operating System/Virtualization, Networking, Microsoft Azure Platform, Storage.
– Familiarity with OS Internals concepts (Windows, Linux, etc), Storage, Active Directory and Security
– Understanding of Virtualization concepts and virtual system administration
– Experience with VM configuration and administration
– Familiarity with networking concepts including VIPs, NAT, DNS
– Familiarity with networking tools (ping, tracert, tracemon, wire shark, etc.)
– Understanding of load balancing, geo-redundancy, CDN and VPN technologies preferred
Microsoft Azure Platform (as a plus)
– Microsoft Azure architecture and its components (Fabric, Compute, Storage, etc)
– Knowledge of Microsoft Azure Platform services
– Azure Platform development and deployment concepts